Witness to a Trial: A Short Story Prequel to The Whistler
Author : John Grisham
Publisher : Random House Audio
Release : September 27, 2016
Genre : Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
A startling and original courtroom drama from New York Times best seller John Grisham that is the prequel to his newest legal thriller, The Whistler.
A judge’s first murder trial.
A defense attorney in over his head.
A prosecutor out for blood and glory.
The accused, who is possibly innocent.
And the killer, who may have just committed the perfect crime.
What I loved about this short story is that it is short, to the point, with only the barest hint of a cliffhanger. Still, there definitely are clearly more twists and turns to come.
What I abhor is that this would have been better as a prologue to the main book.
But, you wonder, how is the writing and editing? It is impeccable. Hey, this is Grisham, so you know it is going to be professionally presented. I just feel a bit irritated at this teaser.
Therefore, I am going to reluctantly rate this at four stars, but, honestly, when I started this review I wanted to be critical and rate it just three stars.
Comments regarding your opinion of this book or of my review, whether favorable or unfavorable, are always welcome. If you buy the book based on my review and become disappointed, especially, I do want to know that and I want to understand how I can improve as a book reviewer. Just please be polite.
Langue : English
File size : 1 Mo
Format : EPUB
You may like:
- Eleanor & Park
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
- Contre vents et marées (THIRDS t. 1)
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
- 100 Deadly Skills: The SEAL Operative’s Guide to Eluding Pursuers, Evading Capture, and Surviving Any Dangerous Situation
- Modern Romance
- Possession (The Steel Brothers Saga)
- Lilac Girls
- Heir to the Empire (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, Vol. 1)
- The Siren