Author : Suzanne Rindell
Publisher : G.P. Putnam’s Sons
Release : April 5, 2016
Genre : Literature & Fiction
From the author of the “thrilling” (The Christian Science Monitor) novel The Other Typistcomes an evocative, multilayered story of ambition, success, and secrecy in 1950s New York.
In 1958, Greenwich Village buzzes with beatniks, jazz clubs, and new ideas—the ideal spot for three ambitious young people to meet. Cliff Nelson, the son of a successful book editor, is convinced he’s the next Kerouac, if only his father would notice. Eden Katz dreams of being an editor but is shocked when she encounters roadblocks to that ambition. And Miles Tillman, a talented black writer from Harlem, seeks to learn the truth about his father’s past, finding love in the process. Though different from one another, all three share a common goal: to succeed in the competitive and uncompromising world of book publishing. As they reach for what they want, they come to understand what they must sacrifice, conceal, and betray to achieve their goals, learning they must live with the consequences of their choices. In Three-Martini Lunch, Suzanne Rindell has written both a page-turning morality tale and a captivating look at a stylish, demanding era—and a world steeped in tradition that’s poised for great upheaval.
Langue : English
File size : 1.7 MB
Format : EPUB, MOBI
- Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead
- The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success.
- A Work in Progress: A Memoir
- Eleanor & Park
- Crisis of Character: A White House Secret Service Officer Discloses His Firsthand Experience with Hillary, Bill, and How They Operate
- A Curious Mind: The Secret to a Bigger Life
- Aristote et Dante découvrent les secrets de l’univers
- Riverbend Road (Haven Point 4)
- The Oregon Files series (10 Ebooks)
- This Book Loves You