The Soldier’s Curse (The Monsarrat)
Author : Meg Keneally
Publisher : Vintage
Release : March 1st 2016
Genre : Historical Mystery
A fast-paced, witty and gripping historical crime series from Tom Keneally and his eldest daughter Meg.
In the Port Macquarie penal settlement for second offenders, at the edge of the known world, gentleman convict Hugh Monsarrat hungers for freedom. Originally transported for forging documents passing himself off as a lawyer, he is now the trusted clerk of the settlement’s commandant.
His position has certain advantages, such as being able to spend time in the Government House kitchen, being supplied with outstanding cups of tea by housekeeper Hannah Mulrooney, who, despite being illiterate, is his most intelligent companion.
Not long after the commandant heads off in search of a rumoured river, his beautiful wife, Honora, falls ill with a sickness the doctor is unable to identify. When Honora dies, it becomes clear she has been slowly poisoned.
Monsarrat and Mrs Mulrooney suspect the commandant’s second-in-command, Captain Diamond, a cruel man who shares history with Honora. Then Diamond has Mrs Mulrooney arrested for the murder. Knowing his friend will hang if she is tried, Monsarrat knows he must find the real killer. And so begins The Monsarrat Series, a fast-paced, witty and gripping series from Tom Keneally and his eldest daughter.
Langue : English
File size : 2.5 MB
Format : EPUB, MOBI
You may like:
- Eleanor & Park
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid 10: Old School
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
- Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat
- Me Before You
- Beautiful Burn: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 4)
- Born of Betrayal (The League: Nemesis Rising)
- Dishonored – The Corroded Man