The Friends We Keep
Author : Susan Mallery
Publisher : Brilliance Audio
Release : February 23, 2016
Genre : Fiction & Literature
After five years as a stay-at-home mom, Gabby Schaefer can’t wait to return to work. Oh, to use the bathroom in peace! No twins clamoring at the door, no husband barging in, no stepdaughter throwing a tantrum. But when her plans are derailed by some shocking news and her husband’s crushing expectations, Gabby must fight for the right to have a life of her own.
Getting pregnant is easy for Hayley Batchelor. Staying pregnant is the hard part. Her husband is worried about the expensive fertility treatments and frantic about the threat to her health. But to Hayley, a woman who was born to be a mom should risk everything to fulfill her destiny – no matter how high the cost.
Nicole Lord is still shell-shocked by a divorce that wasn’t as painful as it should’ve been. Other than the son they share, her ex-husband left barely a ripple in her life. A great new guy tempts her to believe maybe the second time’s the charm…but how can she trust herself to recognize true love?
As their bonds of friendship deepen against the beautiful backdrop of Mischief Bay, Gabby, Hayley, and Nicole will rely on good food, good wine, and especially each other to navigate life’s
The Friends We Keep continues the storyline Susan Mallery developed last year in the Girls of Mischief Bay.
Ms Mallery has an extraordinary ability to create realistic fictional towns with well-developed character personalities. In The Friends We Keep, she not only expands her character and town of Mischief Bay developments, she subtly crosses between her Mischief Bay and Fools Gold series.
The story intertwines three friendships and three life experiences. Like the first story, the three women are friends at different points in their personal lives and professional careers. Hayley is a young wife who lives to be a mother. She is willing to do anything to achieve her dream, even as her desire leaves her weak and close to death. Gabby is a thirty-something stay-at-home mother of five-year-old twins and a teenage step-daughter. She loves her kids, but waits anxiously for them to start school so she can return to work part-time. She soon realizes, though, that sometimes what we think we want isn’t as wonderful as what we actually have.
Langue : English
File size : 1 Mo
Format : EPUB
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
- Sapiens A Brief History of Humankind
- Outliers: The Story of Success
- Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again
- Yours (A Dark Bad Boy Romance Novel)
- Crisis of Character: A White House Secret Service Officer Discloses His Firsthand Experience with Hillary, Bill, and How They Operate
- La Saga Des Loriens Tome 1 à 5
- Team of Teams: New Rules of Engagement for a Complex World
- The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
- The Devil’s Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America’s Secret Government