So Sad Today: Personal Essays
Author : Melissa Broder
Publisher : Grand Central Publishing
Release : March 15, 2016
Genre : Literature & Fiction
“These essays are sad and uncomfortable and their own kind of gorgeous. They reveal so much about what it is to live in this world, right now.” –Roxane Gay, New York Timesbestselling author of Bad Feminist
From acclaimed poet and creator of the popular Twitter account @sosadtoday comes a darkly funny and brutally honest collection of essays.
Melissa Broder always struggled with anxiety. In the fall of 2012, she went through a harrowing cycle of panic attacks and dread that wouldn’t abate for months. So she began @sosadtoday, an anonymous Twitter feed that allowed her to express her darkest feelings, and which quickly gained a dedicated following. In SO SAD TODAY, Broder delves deeper into the existential themes she explores on Twitter, grappling with sex, death, love low self-esteem, addiction, and the drama of waiting for the universe to text you back. With insights as sharp as her humor, Broder explores–in prose that is both ballsy and beautiful, aggressively colloquial and achingly poetic–questions most of us are afraid to even acknowledge, let alone answer, in order to discover what it really means to be a person in this modern world.
Langue : English
File size : 0.47 MB
Format : EPUB
- Work Rules!: Insights from Inside Google That Will Transform How You Live and Lead
- The Grownup: A Story by the Author of Gone Girl
- The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success.
- A Work in Progress: A Memoir
- How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease
- The Grace of Kings (The Dandelion Dynasty)
- Strong Looks Better Naked
- The Traitor Baru Cormorant
- Heir to the Empire (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, Vol. 1)
- An Abundance of Katherines