Presumption of Guilt: A Joe Gunther Novel (Joe Gunther Series)
Author : Archer Mayor
Publisher : Minotaur Books (September 27, 2016)
Genre : Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
A forty-year-old skeleton is found encased in a concrete slab at a recently decommissioned nuclear energy site. It becomes a case for the Vermont Bureau of Investigation (VBI) and its leader, Joe Gunther, since they have the resources and the ability to investigate an old, very cold, missing persons case that has now been reclassified as murder. The victim was Hank Mitchell, and Gunther must chase down old rumors and speculations―who benefited from his death and the disappearance of his body? And was his death somehow tied to New York City mafia money being laundered through the construction project?
But what seems the coldest of cold cases roars back to life when one of the central figures in this mystery is shot to death, right after speaking with Gunther. And when a young police officer―the son of VBI investigator Lester Spinney―is kidnapped, is that meant to be a warning to the VBI team to drop the case?
After all these many years, the truth behind the murder still has to the power to kill, and it’s up to Gunther and his team to capture the living and finally put the dead to rest.
About the Author
Langue : English
File size : 1 Mo
Format : ePUB, MOBI
You may like:
- Everything, Everything
- The Bone Tree: A Novel (Penn Cage Novels)
- The Evenings
- SINDER: Experimentation – Tome 1
- Weekday Brides Series Book 1-6
- Spy Secrets That Can Save Your Life: A Former CIA Officer Reveals Safety and Survival Techniques to Keep You and Your Family Protected
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
- Bay of Sighs
- Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike