The Light on the Water
Author : Olga Lorenzo
Publisher : —
Release : 2016
Genre : General Fiction
Recently divorced and trying to make sense of her new life, Anne takes her daughter, Aida, on an overnight bushwalk in the moody wilderness of Wilsons Promontory. In a split second, Aida disappears, and a frantic Anne scrambles for help. Some of the emergency trackers who search for Aida already doubt Anne’s story.
Nearly two years later and still tormented by remorse and grief, Anne is charged with her daughter’s murder. Witnesses have come forward offering evidence which points to her guilt. She is stalked by the media and shunned by friends, former colleagues and neighbours. On bail and awaiting trial, Anne works to reconstruct her last hours with Aida. She remembers the sun high in the sky, the bush noisy with insects, and her own anxiety, as oppressive as the heat haze.
A superbly written and conceived literary work about the best and the worst aspects of family life, this story asks difficult questions about society, the media, and our rush to judgment.
This is a thoughtful, provocative and unflinching novel in the tradition of Helen Garner, Joan London and Charlotte Wood.
Langue : English
File size : 2.4 MB
Format : EPUB, MOBI
You may like:
- Everything, Everything
- Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man’s Fight for Justice
- The Universe of Us
- Armada A Novel
- Behind Closed Doors: The most emotional and intriguing psychological suspense thriller you can’t put down
- The Kept Woman
- Rogue Lawyer
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
- The Devil’s Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America’s Secret Government
- Shadows of Self (Mistborn)