Publisher : Soho Press
Release : April 19, 2016
Genre : Science Fiction & Fantasy
What if you could live multiple lives simultaneously, have constant, perfect companionship, and never die? That’s the promise of Join, a revolutionary technology that allows small groups of minds to unite, forming a single consciousness that experiences the world through multiple bodies. But as two best friends discover, the light of that miracle may be blinding the world to its horrors.
Chance and Leap are jolted out of their professional routines by a terrifying stranger—a remorseless killer who freely manipulates the networks that regulate life in the post-Join world. Their quest for answers—and survival—brings them from the networks and spire communities they’ve known to the scarred heart of an environmentally ravaged North American continent and an underground community of the “ferals” left behind by the rush of technology.
In the storytelling tradition of classic speculative fiction from writers like David Mitchell and Michael Chabon, Join offers a pulse-pounding story that poses the largest possible questions: How long can human life be sustained on our planet in the face of environmental catastrophe? What does it mean to be human, and what happens when humanity takes the next step in its evolution? If the individual mind becomes obsolete, what have we lost and gained, and what is still worth fighting for?
Langue : English
File size : 1.7 MB
Format : EPUB
- Eleanor & Park
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid 10: Old School
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
- Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat
- Me Before You
- Beautiful Burn: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 4)
- Born of Betrayal (The League: Nemesis Rising)
- Dishonored – The Corroded Man