Last added books
Author : Jeffery Self
Publisher : Push (April 26, 2016)
Genre : Literature & Fiction > Gay & Lesbian
A fantastic, fabulous, funny YA debut from Jeffery Self, one of the gay icons of the YouTube generation, that follows one high school student on a drag race to his future.
About the Author
The narrator, J.T, has a handsome boyfriend named Seth, and a feisty best friend named Heather. J.T. and his compadres live in Clearwater, Florida and are nearing the end of their senior high school year. J.T. is in a serious slump as he knows his well-off boyfriend will be going to college. On the other hand, he will be stuck at home working at his dad’s gas station unless he wins some sort of scholarship.
‘Lo and behold, his friends encourage him to try to win “The Miss Drag Teen” Scholarship being held in New York City over spring vacation. Off the three of them go on a road trip from Florida to New York the likes of which the reader will never have experienced before.
When J.T. arrives at the competition, he has learned a lot about who he is. He has also learned to understand that not everyone is whom they may appear to be. His boyfriend, Seth, for example, has shared some of his past along the way. This is for the better. J.T. also understands a lot more about his devoted friend Heather than he did at the beginning of the book.
Making interesting friends along the way, sharing twists and excitement during the “Miss Drag Teen” show, and learning that there can be more than one kind of happy ending, are things which make Drag Teen special. If you have a teen who feels like an outsider, this book, with its gentle humor and perceptive insights, might become a favorite, possibly even to be read more than once.
Langue : English
File size : 1 Mo
Format : EPUB
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid 10: Old School
- Sapiens A Brief History of Humankind
- Behind Closed Doors: The most emotional and intriguing psychological suspense thriller you can’t put down
- Outliers: The Story of Success
- Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again
- Yours (A Dark Bad Boy Romance Novel)
- Crisis of Character: A White House Secret Service Officer Discloses His Firsthand Experience with Hillary, Bill, and How They Operate
- La Saga Des Loriens Tome 1 à 5
- Team of Teams: New Rules of Engagement for a Complex World