Borrowing Death (A Charlotte Brody Mystery)
Author : Cathy Pegau
Publisher : Kensington (June 28, 2016)
Genre : Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
Suffragette and journalist Charlotte Brody is bracing herself for her first winter in the frontier town of Cordova in the Alaska Territory. But the chilling murder of a local store owner is what really makes her blood run cold. . .
After three months in Cordova, Charlotte is getting accustomed to frontier life. She is filing articles for the local paper–including a provocative editorial against Prohibition–and enjoying a reunion with her brother Michael, the town doctor and coroner. Michael’s services are soon called upon when a fire claims the life of hardware store owner Lyle Fiske. A frontier firebug is suspected of arson, but when Michael determines Fiske was stabbed before his store was set ablaze, the town of Cordova has another murder to solve.
Her journalist’s curiosity whetted, Charlotte begins to sort through the smoldering ruins of Lyle Fiske’s life, only to discover any number of people who might have wanted him dead. As the days grow shorter, Charlotte’s investigation turns increasingly complex. She may be distant from the trappings of civilization, but untangling the motives for murder will require plumbing the very depths of Charlotte’s investigative acumen. . .
About the Author
Langue : English
File size : 1 Mo
Format : mobi
You may like:
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
- Sapiens A Brief History of Humankind
- Outliers: The Story of Success
- Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again
- Yours (A Dark Bad Boy Romance Novel)
- Crisis of Character: A White House Secret Service Officer Discloses His Firsthand Experience with Hillary, Bill, and How They Operate
- La Saga Des Loriens Tome 1 à 5
- Team of Teams: New Rules of Engagement for a Complex World
- The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
- The Devil’s Chessboard: Allen Dulles, the CIA, and the Rise of America’s Secret Government