Last added books
An Armageddon Duology: The Anonymous Signal and The Nash Criterion
Author : Erec Stebbins
Publisher : Twice Pi Press (July 4, 2016)
Genre : Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
TWO NOVELS, ONE BOOK: “STEBBINS IS THE MASTER OF THE THINKING READER’S TECHNO THRILLER” -Internet Review of Books
THE ANONYMOUS SIGNAL: The global financial system is in chaos. World leaders have been compromised. An unstoppable computer virus eats through the Internet. They are Anonymous. They do not forgive. They do not forget. Expect their signal.
“Hang on tight for this one” -Tome Tender
“A thrilling and frightening story” -Portland Book Review
“Excellent, detailed plot, and clever storytelling -San Francisco Book Review
THE NASH CRITERION: We believed our government was of the people, by the people, and for the people. We were wrong. A terrorist’s last words lead a team of special agents to the discovery of an unimaginable global conspiracy. But time is running out. The numbers are converging. Can a group of fugitive FBI and CIA operatives prevent the coming catastrophe before the world crosses The Nash Criterion?
From the Author
THE ANONYMOUS SIGNAL is the third novel in the INTEL 1 series of counter-terrorism/espionage global thrillers.
I’ve found myself fascinated by just how vulnerable the modern world is to cyberattack. Watching new and more devastating penetrations of computer systems from finance to national security, I began to wonder what might happen if someone decided to burn this fragile architecture on which the modern world depends to the ground. Thus, THE ANONYMOUS SIGNAL was born.
In the novel, I return to the cast of characters introduced in my debut thriller (THE RAGNARÖK CONSPIRACY) and my follow-up (EXTRAORDINARY RETRIBUTION). These talented and flawed operatives work under the umbrella of the experimental and secretive INTEL 1 division at the FBI, with numerous connections to other governmental agencies. These characters include:
- John Savas: Former police officer and current head of INTEL 1 (appointed after the conclusion of book 1 in the series, THE RAGNARÖK CONSPIRACY), a Greek American who lost his son (and himself) in the tragedy of 9/11, but who found redemption from that loss in his work fighting terrorism.
- Rebecca Cohen: FBI agent and spouse of Savas, who together with him form an effective investigative pair.
- Angel Lightfoote: An unusually talented and troubled younger member of the group with a mysterious past that even Savas is not aware of. She begins THE ANONYMOUS SIGNAL as head of cybersecurity in the INTEL 1 division.
- Sara Houston: former CIA agent, now FBI most wanted and framed for crimes against the nation, including terrorism and the assassination of the former Vice President of the United States.
- Francisco Lopez: Defrocked Catholic priest turned killer, along with Houston he was framed for crimes he did not commit. With the aid of Savas and elements in the CIA, he has gone into hiding. EXTRAORDINARY RETRIBUTION details his and Houston’s story.
With their backstories largely completed (with a few exceptions), they assemble as a formidable ensemble to resist the world-shaking events around them, often as much pursued and/or fighting the government as the criminal forces in the narrative. Indeed, just who is the real villain from which the public must be protected is always a lingering question in the novels.
THE ANONYMOUS SIGNAL is the third book of the INTEL 1 novels, but it is also book one of an “Armageddon Duology,” with book two, THE NASH CRITERION, picking up where the THE ANONYMOUS SIGNAL ends and leading through a stunning series of events and revelations to a shocking conclusion.
For THE NASH CRITERION, I tried to let the logical repercussions (as they seemed to me) of the previous book run their course. What might happen if the US were incredibly disrupted by systematic cyber and physical terrorist attacks on government and infrastructure? What if society began to fall apart? How would the nation respond? Could a constitutional government survive? How would the mix of danger, chaos, and human egos play out?
For fun throw into this mess the conceit of the most hardcore conspiracy theorists – that there is a “shadow force” steering the governments of the world, echoing words of FDR and Woodrow Wilson. I tried to imagine what a modern version of the Illuminati or some cooler version of the Bilderbergers might be. Finally, mix in a heavy dose of secret codes, genius mathematicians going mad, and warfare on the plains of Kansas.
It’s a bit absurd (or is it?), strayed into a little SCIFI ripping off Asimov (properly referenced), but it was a lot of fun imagining global Armageddon, exploding nukes, and having my heroes totally save the world from these boogiemen.
There is carnage, action, the deaths of beloved characters, and a complete reorganization of the INTEL 1 group. Certain minor characters become major players as I find my author’s eye shifting to different members of the group. It sets the stage for new adventures, or an ending to this series. Time will tell which.
About the Author
Langue : English
File size : 1 Mo
Format : mobi
You may like:
- Girl Online 1 and 2
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
- The Amazing Book Is Not on Fire: The World of Dan and Phil
- The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success.
- The Einstein Prophecy
- The Last Painting of Sara de Vos
- Pour ton bien (HQN)
- The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto
- Ne Tirez Pas Sur L’Oiseau Moqueur
- Manwhore +1